DC Announces ‘Watchmen’ Prequel Comics
This summer, DC Entertainment will publish all-new stories expanding on the acclaimed Watchmen universe. The seven inter-connected prequel mini-series will build on the foundation of the original Watchmen, the bestselling graphic novel of all time. Before Watchmen will be the collective banner for all seven titles, from DC Comics.
Each week, a new issue will be released, and will feature a two-page back-up story called Curse Of The Crimson Corsair, written by original series editor Len Wein and with art by original series colorist John Higgins. There will also be a single issue, Before Watchmen: Epilogue, featuring the work of various writers and artists, and a Crimson Corsair story by Wein and Higgins.
Stepping up to the challenge is a group of the comic book industry’s most iconoclastic writers and artists.
Before Watchmen includes:
– Rorschach (4 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello (100 Bullets). Artist: Lee Bermejo (Joker)
– Minutemen (6 issues) – Writer/Artist: Darwyn Cooke (Justice League: New Frontier)
– Comedian (6 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: J.G. Jones (Final Crisis)
– Dr. Manhattan (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski (Superman: Earth One). Artist: Adam Hughes (Catwoman)
– Nite Owl (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artists: Andy and Joe Kubert (Flashpoint/Sgt. Rock)
– Ozymandias (6 issues) – Writer: Len Wein (Swamp Thing). Artist: Jae Lee (Batman: Jekyll And Hyde)
– Silk Spectre (4 issues) – Writer: Darwyn Cooke. Artist: Amanda Conner (Power Girl)