Drag Me to Hell DVD, Blu-ray get Director’s Cut
Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced the DVD and Blu-ray release of ‘Drag Me to Hell’ starring Alison Lohman (Beowulf, Matchstick Men), Justin Long (Live Free or Die Hard), Lorna Raver (“Eli Stone”), David Paymer (Ocean’s Thirteen), Adriana Barraza (Babel) and Dileep Rao (“Brothers and Sisters”).
The Sam Raimi (Spiderman, The Evil Dead) directed horror thriller will be available to own on October 13, 2009. Both the Blu-ray Hi-Def and DVD releases of Drag Me to Hell will contain the never-before-seen unrated director’s cut deemed too terrifying for theaters, as well as the theatrical version of the film. The Blu-ray release also contains a digital copy of the film for a limited time only. The official DVD artwork has been added below. ‘Drag Me to Hell’ will soon be available for pre-order on DVD and Blu-ray.
Synopsis: Christine Brown (Alison Lohman) is on her way to having it all: a devoted boyfriend (Justin Long), a hard-earned job position, and a bright future. But when she’s forced to make a tough decision that evicts an elderly woman from her house, Christine becomes the victim of an evil curse. Now she has only three days to dissuade a dark spirit from stealing her soul before she is dragged to hell for an eternity of unthinkable torment. Director Sam Raimi (Spider-Man and the Evil Dead trilogy) returns to the horror genre with a vengeance in the film that critics rave is “the most crazy, fun and terrifying horror movie in years!” (Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly)
- Theatrical Cut – The original 1 hr. 39 min. theatrical version.
- Unrated Director’s Cut – The never-before-seen unrated director’s cut.
- Production Video Diaries – Over 30 minutes of behind-the-scenes scares, secrets and surprises featuring stars Justin Long and Alison Lohman.
Blu-ray Exclusive Features:
- BD-LIVE – Allows viewers to connect to the Internet and access new and exciting exclusive online and interactive features, including My Scenes Sharing and My Chat.
- Digital Copy – Transfer Drag Me To Hell Unrated Director’s Cut to your iPod(R), Mac(R) or PC and experience it anywhere, anytime!
- Universal Ticker – Exclusive on Blu-ray(TM) Hi-Def, Universal Studios Home Entertainment launches the new Universal Ticker which provides up-to-date news about upcoming titles, Blu-ray features and exclusive events!