The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Blu-ray and DVD Details
Sony has revealed the release date, cover art, and bonus features for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD.
Sony Home Entertainment has announced the release of director Marc Webb’s superhero action sequel The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD on August 19. The Digital HD will be available early on August 5.
Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan and Sally Field star in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It’s great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: Oscorp.
BLU-RAY & DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:
- 4 All-New Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Alicia Keys “It’s On Again” music video
BLU-RAY 3D COMBO PACK SPECIAL FEATURES
- 3D Audio Commentary with filmmakers
BLU-RAY COMBO PACK SPECIAL FEATURES
- Exclusively Available on Blu-ray:
- 9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including “Peter Meets His Father”
- “The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- “Lessons Learned: Development and Direction” – Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- “Heart of the City: Shooting in New York” – A behind-the-scenes look at the film’s unprecedented access to
New York City during production.
- “Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains” – An inside look at the development of Spider-Man’s fearsome foes, Electro,
the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- “A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin” – From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- “A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects” – Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- “Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing” – Learn how the film’s soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.