Watch the HD Trailer for The Box. Cameron Diaz, James Marsden and Frank Langella star in Richard Kelly’s 2009 thriller The Box, inspired by the Twilight Zone episode “Button, Button.” View The Box movie trailer and Blu-ray special features below. A small wooden box arrives on the doorstep of a married couple Norma (Diaz) and Arthur Lewis (Marsden), who know that opening it will grant them a million dollars and kill someone they don’t know.
- Release Date: November 6, 2009
- Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
- Genre: Drama, Thriller, Science Fiction, Adaptation
- Director: Richard Kelly
- Screenwriter: Richard Kelly
- Starring: Cameron Diaz, James Marsden, Frank Langella
- Running Time: 1 hr. 55 min.
- MPAA Rating: (PG-13) for thematic elements, some violence and disturbing images.
Norma and Arthur Lewis, a suburban couple with a young child, receive a simple wooden box as a gift, which bears fatal and irrevocable consequences. A mysterious stranger delivers the message that the box promises to bestow upon its owner $1 million with the press of a button. However, pressing this button will simultaneously cause the death of another human being somewhere in the world, someone they don’t know. With just 24 hours to have the box in their possession, Norma and Arthur find themselves in the cross-hairs of a startling moral dilemma and must face the true nature of their humanity.
- Blu-ray Special Features:
- Commentary by director Richard Kelly
- The Box: Grounded in Reality: How family experiences helped director Kelly expand the short story for the screen
- Music video prequels
- Visual effects revealed
- Richard Matheson: In His Own Words: An intimate interview with a sci-fi legend
The Box – Movie Trailer