Apple today introduced the new iPad, the third generation of its category defining mobile device.
The new models feature a stunning new Retina display, Apple’s new A5X chip with quad-core graphics and a 5 megapixel iSight camera with advanced optics for capturing amazing photos and 1080p HD video.
The new iPad will be available in black or white on Friday, March 16. iPad Wi-Fi + 4G for either AT&T or Verizon will be available for a suggested retail price of $629 (US) for the 16GB model. You can check out the new features below.
– 2048 x 1536 pixel Retina display (4x more pixels than iPad 2)
– A5X processor chip
– Faster graphics and more memory
– 4G LTE ready
– New iSight Camera (rear camera)
– Takes 5MP photos
– Record 1080p video (up to 30 fps)
– iPhoto capable
– Voice “Dictation” button (Write an email. Send a text. Search the web. Or update your Facebook status with only your voice)
– AirPlay in 1080p – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad device to your HDTV via the new Apple TV