Comic-Con attendees got a special treat today at the Warner Bros. Pictures panel. Director Zack Snyder premiered the long-awaited first trailer and a new poster for Man of Steel, the highly anticipated Superman reboot. The Comic-Con trailer is 2 min. 10 sec., but a shorter 1 min. 27 sec. trailer will debut in theaters in front of Christopher Nolan’s final installment of his Batman trilogy The Dark Knight Rises.
Zack Snyder said principal photography has wrapped, and Man of Steel is now in post production. He also told the crowd that the movie’s plot is based on a mix of various comic book story lines more than any particular arc. Henry Cavill said he loved the “Death of Superman” and “Red Son” comic book stories.
You can read a description of the trailer below and view the new poster here.
Trailer Music: “Journey To The Line” Composed by Hans Zimmer from The Thin Red Line
– Shots of Smallville and the Kent farm house. A young Clark Kent runs with a red sheet as a cape.
– The voice of Jor-El (Russell Crowe) “What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended. What if a child aspired to something greater.”
– An older, bearded Clark Kent (Henry Cavill) dressed in street clothes, walking alone along a snow-covered road, carrying a backpack.
– A school bus full of kids crashes in the water.
– The voice of a woman “My son was in the bus. He saw what Clark did.”
– Clark, as a teen, swims, lifts the bus from the water.
– The voice of Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner) “People are afraid of what they don’t understand.”
– Clark approaches the Kent barn and is shown the spaceship that he arrived in as a child.
– The voice of Jonathan Kent “It’s not from this world Clark.”
– Clark holds a small piece of metal with the “S” emblem on the end.
– The voice of Jonathan Kent “…and neither are you.”
– The voice of Clark Kent “I have so many questions. Where do I come from?”
– Adult Clark stands in front of Jor-El.
– The voice of Jonathan Kent “You just have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be Clark.”
– Superman in the suit. First from a distance and then a close-up of his cape flowing.
– The voice of Jonathan Kent “…Who ever that man is – good character or bad. It’s gonna change the world.”
– Superman flies into the sky with a shock wave and sonic boom.
– Various shots, a tornado, quick glimpse of Lois Lane (Amy Adams).
– Quick shot of Clark, shirtless, his whole body on fire.
– Superman reaches out from a grave of skulls.
– Quick glimpse of Zod (Michael Shannon).
– Superman catches someone falling off a building.
– Superman in handcuffs is led down a hallway by the military.
– Superman and Lois Lane kiss.
– An explosion at the side of a building in Metropolis.
– Superman crashes through a window and into a bank vault.
– The voice of Superman/Clark “My father believed if the world found out who I really was they’d reject me.”
– Clark enters an elevator and begins to put his glasses to his face.
– The voice of Superman/Clark “…He was convinced that the world wasn’t ready. What do you think?”
– The military gathers with weapons pointed at Superman.