Paramount Home Entertainment has announced the DVD and Blu-ray release of ‘Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen’ starring Shia LaBeouf (‘Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’), Megan Fox (‘How to Lose Friends & Alienate People’), Josh Duhamel (“Las Vegas”), Tyrese Gibson (‘Four Brothers’) and John Turturro (‘The Good Shepherd’).
The Michael Bay directed sci-fi adventure will be available to own on October 20, 2009. ‘Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen’ two-disc Blu-ray and DVD feature over three hours of in-depth, immersive special features. Among the engrossing content is a multi-chapter documentary, including interviews with the cast and crew, that chronicles the entire making of the film from development and design to filming in locations around the globe. The discs also include an all-access featurette following renowned director Michael Bay through an entire day, a comprehensive exploration of the “confidential files” on a dozen of the Transformers characters featured in the film, multi-angle breakdowns of some of the most sensational action sequences.
The battle for Earth continues in this action-packed blockbuster from director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg. When college-bound Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) learns the truth about the ancient origins of the TRANSFORMERS robots, he must accept his destiny and join OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE in their epic battle against the DECEPTICONS, who have returned stronger than ever with a plan to destroy our world.
Two-Disc Special Edition DVD & Blu-ray:
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen two-disc Special Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround and Spanish 5.1 Surround with English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc breakdown is as follows:
- Commentary by Michael Bay, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman
- The Human Factor: Exacting Revenge of the Fallen – This multi-chapter documentary chronicles the entire creation of the film and includes interviews with the cast and crew:
- Seeds of Vengeance – Development and Design – After the overwhelming success of 2007’s Transformers, how do the filmmakers top themselves for the sequel?
- Domestic Destruction – Production: United States – Michael Bay believes in going big: Big action and big explosions. Cast and crew are pushed to the limit as they traverse the U.S. from New Mexico to Pennsylvania.
- Joint Operations – Production: Military – No other filmmaker in the world enjoys the kind of military access and cooperation Michael Bay has. Here we see just how efficient our armed forces are and the awe and respect shown by the cast.
- Wonders of the World – Production: Middle East – You can’t really reproduce Egypt anywhere but Egypt so off we go to Giza and Luxor.
- Start Making Sense – Editing – In order to turn over the massive amount of film as quickly as possible to VFX, four editors work tirelessly in a unique tag-team approach to shape the film.
- Under the Gun – Visual Effects – Revenge of the Fallen features the most complicated VFX in film history. So complicated in fact that the filmmakers were unsure they would make the deadline. The DEVASTATOR VFX alone required 83% of ILM’s total render farm capacity.
- Running the Gauntlet – Post-Production and Release – Working seven days a week, Michael Bay and company usher the film through sound design, Digital Intermediate color-timing and a globe-trotting whirlwind of premieres.
- A Day with Bay: Tokyo – An intimate and fun all-access journey with Michael Bay as he travels to Tokyo, Japan for the world premiere of the biggest film of the year.
- 25 Years of TRANSFORMERS – Access an all-new featurette celebrating a monumental milestone for one of Hasbro’s most successful and popular franchises.
- NEST: Transformer Data-Hub – Explore conceptual artwork created by the production for 12 of the most popular AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS from the film.
- Deconstructing Visual Bayhem with Commentary by Pre-Vis Supervisor Steve Yamamoto – A series of multi-angle pre-visualization sequences allowing viewers to learn how some of the film’s most spectacular scenes were created with an introduction by Michael Bay.
- Extended Scenes
- Music Video: Linkin Park’s “New Divide”
The Blu-ray will be presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles.
- The ALLSPARK Experiment – Viewers get their chance to unleash the power of the recently recovered ALLSPARK shard on Earth vehicles. Begin by selecting and customizing a vehicle with a selection of parts and accessories. Then apply the ALLSPARK to this creation and watch what happens. Applying the ALLSPARK to certain custom combinations enables four new robot characters with special powers. If viewers discover all four, they unlock a fifth vehicle, which reveals a top secret message about the future of the TRANSFORMERS movie franchise.
- NEST: Transformer Data-Hub – A database of some of the TRANSFORMERS characters that appear in the new film, offering users access to each robot’s confidential file including:
- Innovative 3D spin galleries of each robot
- A timeline for each TRANSFORMERS character charting its origins, back story and design evolution from toys to animated series to comics and finally feature films
- Giant Effing Movie – A very personal look at the making of the movie.
- The Matrix of Marketing – An archive of the film’s promotional media including trailers, posters and television spots.